Bread shawarma bites is an innovative shawarma recipe less commonly known, very delicious, easy to make and serves as a excellent starter, snack at any parties or marriages.
It’s a middle eastern delicacy. Finger shawarma bites can be aptly described as shawarma with a twist.
The procedure for this involves two steps: making a shawarma filling with chicken and veggies and making bread pockets with these fillings and deep fry.
Finger shawarma bites is rich in proteins, carbohydrates and fibre.
Any kind of fresh or leftover shredded fried chicken like simple fried chicken or shredded grilled chicken like tandoori chicken can be used in this.
Bread shawarma bites/ finger shawarma bites
Make the filling
First make the simple fried chicken by cutting the chicken into small pieces and marinating it with ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder and stir fry it on a pan untill done. This may take around 10 minutes. Shred it as shown.
Add all the veggies and spices like onion, capsicum, carrot, black pepper powder, salt. Mix well
Stir fry this mixture of shredded chicken, spices and veggies for 2 minutes on high flame.
Take it in a bowl and add mayonnaise, cream cheese and ketchup and mix well. The filling is ready.
Make and deep fry shawarma bites
Remove the edges of the bread slices with a knife. We want only the centre portion without any brown part of the bread slice.
Quickly roll the bread slice with the help of a rolling pin, this just takes just 1 forward-backwards stroke.
Add the filling in the centre and apply water on all the sides of the bread.
Close from one side to form a pocket and press the edges with fingers.
Then close it by rolling the other side as well, thus making a bread pocket. Press all the edges so that the edges stick nicely. Keep aside
Heat oil on high flame and deep fry the made bread pockets on high flame until golden.
Take out on a paper towel. That's it. Serve hot.
- Finger shawarma bites can be made any kind of fresh or leftover stir fried chicken or any grilled chicken.
- Freshly chopped dill leaves can also be used in place of kasuri methi.
- If you do not have any veggies, just adding chopped onions also tastes good.
- Finger shawarma bites can be made and frozen in air tight containers, and deep fried when required.
- The filling can also be made and frozen for 1 week and used as required.
- Vegetarian version can be made by skipping the chicken part.
- Any kind of freshly sliced whole wheat bread, sandwich bread or white milk bread can be used to make finger shawarma bites.